I am available for readings for my new collection of poems, The Tethered Ground, coming out in summer/fall 2019 from Woodley Press. Contact me through Facebook message or at lanette.cadleATgmail.com.
2019 Presentations and Events
- See you at the CCCC in Pittsburgh March 13-16, 2019! I will be participating in an intellectual property-focused roundtable and also attending the IP Caucus as the vice-chair. The roundtable is “Is Breaking Bad? Creative Composing with Other People’s Intellectual Property” and my part is as follows:
Station One, (Re)poetry: Participants will use existing published texts (fiction, nonfiction) and make erasure poems, poetry that blocks out words and phrases in existing texts to make a completely new creation. Erasures are a current trend in literary publication that is also a good way to open discussion about IP issues in the classroom.
- See you at AWP March 27-30, 2019 in Portland. I will be working the Moon City Press table and hoping to see you!
- Also at AWP, I’m part of the fabulous Menacing Hedge off-site reading, the Menacing Hedge Dinner Party Reading Jamboree. Come early! Stay late! Buffet and poetry! 6-10 Friday March 29 at the Bad Habit Room, 5433 N Michigan Ave, Portland, OR 97217-2223.
- In May I read as part of the Moon City Press editors in Joplin at the monthly Downtown Poetry event.
- I am one of the February 2018 30/30 poets. Wish me luck in completing a poem draft a day this February and if you like, throw a little money Tupelo Press’s way for their strong and consistent support of good poetry. Here’s my donation page.
- I went to AWP this year in Tampa for the Bookfair March 7-10. I hope you stopped by the Moon City Press table!
- I also presented as part of a roundtable at the CCCC (Conference on College Composition and Communication) with Missouri State colleagues and graduate students Margaret Weaver, Jennifer Murvin, Brandon Henry, and Dane Lale. D.35, “Getting Over Ownership: Blurring the Labor and Pedagogy for Composition/Creative Writing” at 4:45 PM–6:00 PM, Thursday, Mar 15, 2018 at the Kansas City Marriott Downtown: Trianon A.
- Also in 2018, I invited my ENG 203: Intro to Poetry students to join me in doing the April PAD Challenge. They received extra credit on a sliding scale depending on how long they lasted.